Hey Everybody! Time for a new Return to the ’80s podcast episode! Today, Robert and Paul Return to the week ending March 10, 1984. We count down the top 10 hits from that week, as well as see what the top movies were at this time. And we take a look at what was on television this week too. We also pay tribute to Bill Paxton and Judge Wapner. There is also a new Play This, Not That. There were still no winners for Remember That Song, so it is still up for grabs. However, we had winners from ’80s Trivia, so we have a new question this week. Now, come with us, and Return to the week ending March 10, 1984.
– Talking up Schitt’s Creek
– Upcoming #80sMovieVillains event from The 80s League
Play This, Not That – Cutting Crew
Instead of “(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight”
Play “One For the Mockingbird”
Shall We Play a Game
Remember That Song
No winners yet. To get the lyrics, listen around the 13:05 mark. You can email your answer to email@example.com.
Last Question: What brokerage firm’s name, when mentioned in TV ads, silenced entire rooms of people?
Answer: E.F. Hutton
Great job Jim and @oldschool80s!!!
New Question: Start listening around the 15:10 mark. Again, if you know the answer, you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Paxton (May 17, 1955 – February 25, 2017)
Judge Wapner (November 15, 1919 – February 26, 2017)
Main Topic – This Week in 1984
10. “Karma Chameleon” by Culture Club
9. “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins
Top 10 movies this week in 1984
8. “Here Comes the Rain Again” by the Eurythmics
7. “I Want a New Drug” by Huey Lewis and the News
TV lineup this week in 1984
6. “Nobody Told Me” by John Lennon
5. “Somebody’s Watching Me” by Rockwell
4. “Thriller” by Michael Jackson
3. “99 Luftballons” by Nena
2. “Girls Just Want to Have” Fun by Cyndi Lauper
1. “Jump” by Van Halen
Check us out on iTunes
Find Return to the ’80s on Facebook